This article will guide you through everything you need to know about hiring Machine Learning Engineers. There are several other titles for Machine Learning Engineers, including Machine Learning Developer, Machine Learning Specialist, Data Scientist, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Deep Learning Engineer.
The key responsibilities of Machine Learning Engineers
The responsibilities of Machine Learning Engineers include developing and managing machine learning models, designing and conducting experiments, and analyzing data. They work with data scientists and engineers to create algorithms that can learn from and make predictions on data. They also deploy machine learning models into production and monitor their performance.
Essential tasks of Machine Learning Engineers
These are some essential tasks that Machine Learning Engineers often tackle in their day-to-day work:
- Preprocessing data for use in machine learning algorithms.
- Designing and tuning machine learning algorithms.
- Evaluating the performance of machine learning algorithms.
- Deploying machine learning models into production.
- Monitoring and maintaining deployed machine learning models.
Expert advice on hiring Machine Learning Engineers
These signals will help you decide whether a candidate is suitable for the job:
- A Machine Learning Engineer is a good indicator that the candidate is not only knowledgeable about the subject matter but also that they can communicate their thoughts and findings clearly and concisely.
- A keynote at a well-known conference like NIPS is an indicator that the candidate is an expert in their field and can communicate their ideas to a wider audience.
- An award like a PhD or the Turing Award signals that the candidate is not only knowledgeable about the subject matter but is held in high regard by their peers.
- Press like an article in well-known magazines or newspapers is an indicator that the candidate knows the subject matter and is both able and willing to communicate their thoughts and findings clearly and concisely.
- Finally, being featured in a book is a major sign that the candidate is knowledgeable not only about their subject matter but also able to communicate their findings with words and ideas.
Interview questions for Machine Learning Engineers
These questions will help you find the right candidate for this position:
- What have you done with machine learning in the past?
- What specific machine learning algorithms are you familiar with?
- How would you go about tackling a specific machine-learning problem?
- What obstacles have you faced with machine learning in the past, and how did you overcome them?
- Do you have any questions for us about the position or the company?
Are you hiring Machine Learning Engineers? Use HiPeople today to hire the best talent in 50% of the time.
For more information on hiring Machine Learning Engineers, take a look at our expert-crafted job description.