This article will guide you through everything you need to know about hiring Land Development Managers. There are several other titles for Land Development Managers, including: Real Estate Development Manager, Construction Project Manager, Land Use Planner, Zoning Administrator , Site Development Engineer.
The key responsibilities of Land Development Managers
Land Development Managers are responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of land development projects. They work closely with architects, engineers, and other professionals to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. In addition, Land Development Managers are responsible for ensuring that projects comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Essential tasks of Land Development Managers
These are some essential tasks that Land Development Managers often tackle in their day-to-day work:
- Create and oversee the execution of land development plans
- Ensure land development projects comply with all laws and regulations
- Coordinate the work of architects, engineers, and other professionals working on land development projects
- Manage the budget and schedule for land development projects
- Oversee the construction of land development projects
Expert advice on hiring Land Development Managers
These signals will help you decide whether a candidate is suitable for the job:
- Cadastral surveying and design, contract preparation assistance;
- Support the consulting engineering team in acquisition of infrastructure and land related (greenfield projects) approvals,
- Writing development proposals and concept design packages, liaison with local government departments;
- Easement, licence and management agreement preparation and registration;
- Minutes of evidence preparation and witnessing;
- Statutory completion of roads and subdivisions (including production of roads and subdivision plans for approval)
- Production of sub-division certificates and plans;
- Assist with fee estimates, project costing and project closeout.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a land development engineering environment;
- Registered Surveyor with the South African Council for Professional Civil Engineering or submitted your application to the Professional Civil Engineering Forum;
- A relevant qualification - relevant National Diploma or National Higher Certificate in Civil Engineering;
- Knowledge of GIS will be preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Pride in delivering high quality engineering services.
Interview questions for Land Development Managers
These questions will help you find the right candidate for this position:
- What is your experience with land development?
- What is your experience with project management?
- What is your experience with construction?
- What is your experience with zoning and land use regulations?
- What is your experience with environmental regulations?
Are you hiring Land Development Managers? Use HiPeople today to hire the best talent in 50% of the time.
For more information on hiring Land Development Managers, take a look at our expert-crafted job description.